Top 10 e-commerce delivery best practices
In order to elevate the e-commerce delivery experience, forward-thinking manufacturers must keep in mind these top 10 e-commerce delivery best practices:
● Provide clear information about shipping rates, delivery estimates by region, your shipping and returns policy.
● Shipping rates should be upfront and accessible to all website visitors. In other words, don’t make website visitors log into a specific section or purchase an item to get shipping rates.
● Feature shipping information on every specific product page.
● Provide a quick link to your shipping page via customers’ shopping carts.
● Make money off of your products—not shipping.
● Offer free shipping to an easily attainable level above your average order value.
● Speed is crucial in the e-commerce game: make next-business-day shipments the norm. Ship express orders the same day as they are received.
● Provide tracking numbers to customers to offload support staff and minimize emails and calls.
● Address inaccurate, delayed and lost shipments promptly. Show customers you have a handle on the situation and make remedying the problem seamless for them.
● Remain innovative and constantly look for new ways to improve the e-commerce delivery experience.
This ebook, The delivery experience: The next frontier in e-commerce success and profitability, provides great insight into the ever-changing e-commerce landscape. Download this ebook to uncover what the delivery experience actually entails and best practices into delivering this experience to your unique clientele.